House of Flourish designs combines time-honoured kaarigari with innovative techniques and exceptional materials. To ensure your jewellery retains its beauty for years to come, please follow these care instructions. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend that you bring or send your jewellery to the House of Flourish store for professional cleaning once a year. When not in use, please keep your House of Flourish creation in the box or pouch provided at the time of your purchase.
Gold has a shine, oh so unique and beautiful. And to maintain it, it’s not as difficult as you think. One must avoid other metals, body oils and fragrances when storing gold.
1. To store it correctly
● Ideally, you should store the jewellery in its House of Flourish box to avoid scratches caused by close contact among various metals. However, if any of your jewellery doesn’t have its own box, we recommend using a Flourish fabric-lined box that can be found here.
● To keep your gold jewellery in the best condition, make sure it’s stored in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.
● You may prevent your gold chains from entangling, by ensuring the chains always lie flat and clasped.
2. Avoid contact
● We recommend avoiding exposure to fragrance, harsh soaps, chemicals or cosmetics, as these could affect the colour, texture and form. It is best to wait until fragrances and cosmetics have dried completely before wearing your jewellery.
● Prolonged exposure to any kind of chemicals, may lead to damaging the integrity of the metal.
● It is important to not expose your precious piece to water (chlorinated or salt) or too high temperatures (such as prolonged sun exposure).
● It is recommended that you avoid wearing your jewellery when performing certain activities (sports, gardening, etc.) to prevent it from being knocked about or coming into direct contact with harmful substances.
3. To clean your gold
● Do not put too much pressure on the jewellery and avoid using abrasive materials for cleaning as that could lead to scratching or damaging the precious piece.
● Dip your jewellery into a bowl of warm non-toxic soap water for a few minutes and then proceed to gently scrub the pieces using a soft Flourish brush. Rinse off with clean water, and pat dry completely using the Flourish polishing cloth. This will help maintain the lustre of your jewellery.
An often-asked question is "How to clean silver jewellery at home?". Sterling silver requires special care to preserve its appearance and longevity. It tarnishes when exposed to salty air, chlorine, sulphur, humidity, perspiration, cosmetics, household bleach and other strong chemicals. To remove tarnish, we recommend routinely wiping your sterling silver jewellery with a House of Flourish polishing cloth, that you can find here .
● Remove heavy tarnish with warm water, mild soap and a clean,
soft cotton or flannel cloth, a soft-bristle brush or a special sterling silver cleaning cloth.
● Please note that silver polish or dip-style cleaning solutions are not recommended.
The best way to maintain your pearls’ lustre (and romance!) is to wear them often. The body’s natural oils help maintain its beauty. Pearls should not be layered with other jewellery as they scratch easily.
● Please keep your pearls away from perfumes, cosmetics,
perspiration, chlorine, saltwater, vinegar, ammonia or any other corrosive substance.
● Gently wipe the pearls with a slightly damp cloth after wearing them.
● Wash your pearls periodically with mild soap (not detergent) and a soft cloth. Rinse thoroughly in clean water and wrap them in a thin cotton towel to dry.
● Never wash pearls with an ultrasonic cleaner.
● Should your pearls come in contact with food or liquid, wipe off your jewellery immediately with a soft damp cloth and allow it to dry.
● Pearls require humidity. When storing them, make sure the environment is not too dry or they may crack.
Crystalline gemstones such as amethyst, blue topaz, rose quartz, citrine, and aquamarines may attract oils and lotions, which cause them to appear dull over time.
● To clean your jewellery, soak it in a bowl of water with a small
quantity of mild dish soap for 15 minutes.
● If needed, remove dirt around and behind the stone using a soft-bristle toothbrush.
● Place jewellery in a cloth strainer and rinse thoroughly before drying with a lint-free cloth.
● Store it separately, ideally in a soft-lined case, so that your favourite pieces don't tangle, rub or scratch one another.
● Prevent damage or loss of your jewellery by storing them individually in their original box or pouch after wearing them. Chains should be laid flat to avoid entangling.
● Avoid exposing gemstones to heat, harsh sunlight or damp weather conditions.
● Consider removing your jewellery before going to sleep, practising any sport, or washing your hands or body.
● To keep your gemstones in good condition, it is important to avoid contact with abrasive and hard surfaces.
The House of Flourish makes sure that you cherish each moment with your jewellery.
We pride ourselves on our time-honoured tradition of prompt
customer service. From regular check-ups to professional cleaning of your precious pieces, we
take care of every concern so that the smile never leaves your face! Furthermore, our expert
staff is trained in the art of revision and repairs. To know more, please click here
For any questions, please reach us at
SHARE WITH US YOUR #MYFLOURISH STORIES & EXPERIENCES
To win exclusive surprise gift on our social media channels